Friday, June 5, 2020

I STAND MY GROUND

I STAND MY GROUND 

I am a student of history and I think many important lessons can be learned from history. I want to give just a simple lesson concerning the use of military power. During the Revolutionary War one of the great lessons the colonial soldiers learned from the Indians was the art of camouflage. When the British soldiers began marching down the streets with their shiny, red-uniforms and their polished, black boots, announcing their approach with the beating of drums, the colonial soldiers used the simple art of natural protective shields. 

When the British marched on country roads the colonial soldiers hid behind trees, climbed up into the trees, and used logs and stumps for shields. The colonial soldiers were perfect marksmen and the red-coats made ideal targets. When the British marched into towns and cities, the Patriot soldiers remained behind doors and windows and fired directly at the red-coats standing helpless in the streets.  Some went to the tops of buildings, and others used whiskey barrels as protective devises from the British muskets. History reveals how the Revolutionary soldiers changed the way wars were fought by the use of simple techniques. 

I said all that to say this; I beg the police departments and the commander–in-chief, not to drive this conflict to the point of “armed resistance.”  Say what you please, but when the president commands the firing of rubber bullets, using pepper spray, and brutal police force on peaceful protesters, at some point the protesters will fight back. The president is foolishly fanning the flames of insurrection. Every time a peaceful protester is hit by a rubber bullet, gassed with tear gas, or forcefully manhandled by police; the police have made another enemy. At some point, the numbers will increase until the protector of the people will need protection. 

In one of my Op-Ed’s I wrote about some of the experiences students told me as far back as the sixties and seventies about police brutality. It is a fact that police abuse is not something new in America, although many unsuccessful attempts have been made to solve the problem.  Over and over again African Americans have been told, go home, stop marching, and justice will be served, and every time within a week or less, another innocent African American man was murdered by police. This time I don’t think the people are going home so easily. As I am writing this it is the tenth day and the protests are growing in numbers. I hope along with many others, that this time real change is coming to America. 

I know from history what happens when the water bottles turn into hand grenades, and peaceful protesters are forced to arm themselves. When snipers start firing at policemen and military personnel with automatic weapons from high-rise buildings, then all the king’s army, and all the king’s men, cannot put a peaceful society back together again. Of course, I am against all violence. What I am trying to do is get the power’s to be, to recognize what is happening, and stop this before it gets out of hand. If correct steps are taken, illegal looting can be stopped, but warmongers are making a bad mistake by thinking that an organized band of soldiers can put a quick end to a social uprising. 

Donald Trump said, and I quote, “If the governors cannot stop this, I will send in the Federal troops and quickly solve the problem.” This is the most inapt commander-in-chief in all the history of the United States. This man knows nothing about the military, and he refuses to read, thus he is ignorant concerning military tactics. I honestly think that Donald Trump wants to start a war. If he cannot engage America in a war outside the United States; he will start a war inside the States.  I am proud to say that some of the military leaders are finally speaking out and this may stop another Civil War.  

From the day Donald Trump rode down the escalator and announced his candidacy for president, I have been an outspoken anti-Trump advocate. I have written multiple op-ed.’s against this wannabe dictator, and I have called attention to his many lies and his acts of bigotry. I am doing everything I can to show Americans that Donald Trump is following directly in the footsteps of Hitler, and it is unbelievable that so many people can’t see it.  It is so hard to believe that educated people will sit silently by while this man destroys the world’s greatest democracy. It happened in Germany and it is happening in America, ignorant people will give up their freedoms to be controlled by a dictator.  

 

 

 


1 comment: