Tuesday, November 10, 2020

IT'S CELEBRATION TIME

 

IT’S CELEBRATION TIME 

Yes, it is celebration time in the USA, and it should not rain on the millions of Americans and others around the world, who are celebrating the defeat of the biggest threat to US Democracy since the Civil War. 

I want to thank the “International Readers” who are regulars on the Writer’s Blog, “wordsfrommrd.com.” You have stayed with me through   my tirade of political Op. Ed’s., and for that I am thankful. This proves that people from around globe are interested in what happens in America. It also proves that America’s light-house of freedom should not be dimmed because people from around the world look to the United States as a beacon of hope. The citizens of the world recognize what free people have accomplished, and they hope those accomplishments have not ended. I want to commit to those readers that I will continue to write the truth regardless of the consequences. 

Over a period of years, I have had to defend my character from the Trump supporters who have tried to bring me down. I have received death threats from members of my own family, and even though I have been concerned, I have never been afraid. I know cowards when I learn of them, just like I know a liar when I hear one, and I know a con-artist when I see one.  

I have written many times about the failures of the American Evangelical Churches. It is a catastrophe failure to forsake the morals of Christianity to follow the most corrupt president in the history of the USA. I have said it before and I will say it again, Donald Trump is a liar, a cheater, and a fraud. After the results of the recent election, it is hoped that the majority of the evangelical church members will join the “Progressive Movement” and kick to the curb those preachers who are still supporting Donald Trump and preaching, homophobic fears, racial injustice, and inequality for women. 

The great “American Divide” can be solved by the acceptance of the “Great American Diversity.” But until all men recognize what it is like to walk a mile in a black man’s shoes, the great divide will continue. Until Americans can feel the love in the hearts of hard-working Latinos who merely want to provide a better life for their children, the divide will only widen. Until all Americans stop the homophobic slurs hailed at Lesbian women and gay men, America will never reach the full potential of a democracy conceived in the dreams of our forefathers.   

I am ashamed of the members of my family who have not read enough to know the evils that surrounded the Confederacy. Not only was the Confederacy a thing of evil but it is now a thing of the past. White Power has only been revived by a White Supremacist in the White House, and even though his days are numbered, it does not alleviate the fact that hate crimes increased over 400 % during the Donald Trump administration. I am ashamed of the Americans who still support a president who is more evil than the devil himself. 

I have said many times that those who are not willing to move forward, will become statues that the world will leave behind. If a few of the Southern States want to be left behind, it is now the choice of the residents. There is one thing for certain, the world will move forward and in the end, statues that represent the past will be destroyed. 

Last but not least, I have written about my homosexuality and the support of readers has been colossal. I will never forget the day when I walked out of the closet and announced to the world that I am a proud gay man. Words cannot express the warmth of sunshine that appeared and the load of bricks that disappeared from my shoulders. Now I am as happy as “a lark in the sunshine,” “a pig in the mud puddle,” or a gay man in a transsexual society.  I have written about a wonderful retirement in Thailand and what it is like to walk proudly with my head held high knowing that for the first time in my life I am a first class citizen.  

But through all of those things, I can’t help but wonder what it will be like for the people of the world to wake up and not have to ask the question, “What did the fool do today?”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment