Sunday, November 22, 2020

SHOWER TALK ----THE 20/20 PLEDGE

 

SHOWER TALK, THE 20/20 PLEDGE

(Assistance requested) 

I have written a book entitled, SHOWER TALK—THE 20/20 PLEDGE, which was five years in the making. It has been written and rewritten; chapters added and chapters deleted; proof read and reread. I have not published the book because I am hoping to receive some professional help in publication. I have read enough books in my life to know that this book is a 7 or 8 on a scale of 10. I have mailed a few query letters to literary agents with no direct response. I have written enough novels and short stories to know that the success of any book requires professional backing. 

The book starts with the conversation of high school boys in a locker room shower. From there the book takes on a story of its own, which is a “human interest story.” One of the boys in the “shower group” is gay, and the books centers around the verbal and physical abuse he endures at the hands of his anti-gay father. 

The story continues with these boys through out their high school years. They form a Shower Club with the objective of making their school and community a better place. It starts with the school years of 2016-17 and ends up with the graduating class of 2020. The book has an unusual tragic ending. 

I know this is a gamble, but you never know until you try. If by chance a literary agent or some one, who knows a literary agent, might read this and be inclined to provide professional help, it would be greatly appreciated. This book has great potential, but as a novice writer I need professional guidance to help expose the book to the right audience. Anyone interested can contact me with the email address ---

                                 dervistippen@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment