Monday, January 15, 2018

IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL

MY BLOOD BOILS

   When I know that millions of men and women have given their lives to protect freedom of speech in the USA, and I see a school teacher in Vermillion Parish dragged to the floor and arrested for exercising that right, it makes my blood boil. It assures me that America the beautiful has become America the ugly. It lets me know that a few wealthy Americans think they can trample on the rights of the less fortunate and get away with it.

    It makes my blood boil hot when I see a group of wealthy Republicans feather their nests and vote to take away funds that feed hungry children.  I have but one wish and one wish only for them, and that is that they die and burn in hell because that is where they belong.  

    It burns deep into my soul when I hear people criticize athletes for exercising their 1st amendment right to peacefully protest injustices within a government.  When I see an officer of the law pepper spray a group of students sitting peacefully exercising the right to protest, my blood boils super hot. When a policeman shoots an unarmed man in the back simply because he thinks he has the right to do so, it produces a near uncontrollable action that is hard to control.  When I see a policeman drag a lady from a car, throw her on the ground and hand cull her in front of her children merely because of a broken tail light, not only does my blood boil hot, but I see boiling blood from the forefathers of American Constitution.   
  
   I hope I will never reach the point where my blood does not boil when I see injustices. I hope God will continue to give me the courage to speak out against church leaders who advocate hate. Christians not only have failed to speak out against evil, but American Christians have actually become supporters of evil. Christians tried hard to elect a pedophile to the Senate in the state of Alabama and Christians are responsible for electing a mentally disturbed sexual predator to the White House. Christianity is responsible for making America the laughing stock of the world and American Christianity has lost all respect as a major religion. 

    I will never apologize for leaving America in search of a better place because I was determined to find a place where a gay man could live as a 1st class citizen. Living with the people of Southeast Asia has taught me many things. I have learned when adults do not teach hate, children will not hate. I have been taught that when a society does not make a big deal of sexual orientation that sexual orientation is not a big deal. 

   The world is filled with many kinds of humans and the only thing that matters is when humans learn to get along with each other. The only way peace will ever be achieved is when humans respect the rights of others. How many years does it take before humans learn that wars only produce more wars; that hate begets hate and hate develops into generational defects? I am proud when my blood boils because I know, I am human, and I care.

**** Remember, it only makes a difference when blood boils so hot that it drives people to the voting booths. ****



No comments:

Post a Comment