Sunday, March 3, 2019

WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS


WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS 

I watched the TV version of what was called the Oversight Committee Members questioning Michael Cohen. As I watched I couldn’t help but think how disappointed God must be with his creation. If Jesus can remember any of his human characteristics, he must be stomping mad with the actions of the earthly creatures that carry his name. This was the most pathetic example of humanity that I have ever witnessed, and if this is what humanity has become then COUNT ME OUT.

I firmly agree with Rep. Elijah Cummings, WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS.  If this is the end result of money and power, then please place me on an island with the likes of John the Apostle, and allow me to end my earthly existence wrapped in the tube of glory, which is man’s modern invention of longevity.

If this is humanity then I am ashamed to be a human. I am an American citizen, a proud, gay, man, born and raised in the southland of the USA.  I have been directly exposed to prejudice, and I have lived with the fear of expression. It took me a while to find my place in the sun, but I found it! I have found the true meaning of freedom and there is nothing in this world that can replace it. I have found a place where threats cannot prevent me from expressing my opinion. I have found a place where the possibility of losing my job cannot prevent me from telling the truth. I have been placed here for a purpose, and I plan to fulfill that purpose.

I thank my Deity for leading me to a place where I am not judged by the nature of my sexuality, but by the character of the person that I am. I refuse to take part in a world filled with hatred, prejudice and bigotry, and I gladly join with Maya Angelou, to say, I rise, I rise, and Still I Rise.  

STILL I RISE
by
Maya Angelou
(with additions)

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise?
That I’ll dance like I’ve got diamonds,
when I meet HIM in the skies.







No comments:

Post a Comment