Sunday, October 4, 2020

DISCRIMINATION AT CONCEPTION

 

DISCRIMINATION AT CONCEPTION 

I was discriminated against from the day I was born. As a teenager, I lived in a straight neighborhood surrounded by prejudice. I graduated from an all white high school and attended all white churches. I heard more sermons about homosexuality than I did about Jesus Christ, and that is a fact. Because I was not old enough to think for myself, I was brainwashed by the Southern Bible belt and the brainwashing that occurred did not prepare me to be a productive “world citizen.” It was a brainwashing of prejudice in which, as an adult, I rejected. 

I had much to learn and as I have said many times, I learned a great deal about prejudice when I taught in an all black high school.  The lessons I learned were helpful in preparing for a successful teaching career in an integrated school system. 

The main criticism I receive is, if you are such a great believer in America’s democratic government why did you leave? First of all, I think that is a legitimate question. I left America because I was tired of being treated as a third class citizen merely because I was gay. Being rejected by America’s straight society created the desire to look for a better place. I found that place in Thailand, where I am not judged by the character of my sexual orientation, but I am recognized as a productive community citizen. Plus, I am joined by millions of other homosexuals from nations around the world.   

Homosexuals are discriminated against by many major governments and by most major world religions.  Successful sexual expressions determine happiness from grief.  And since homosexuals have struggled for happiness, Thailand has offered a peaceful solution. 

It can no longer be concluded that the United States is the best place on the planet to live.  No matter how much objection comes from this statement, it is still the truth and millions are discovering that truth each day.   

The United States has developed a culture of white supremacy and white supremacy has created a culture of hate. Within the same surroundings American Christianity has developed a culture of hate. In essence, instead of developing a culture of superiority, it has developed a culture of ignorance. Thinking that white skin makes individuals superior to others is a false assumption, the same as thinking that heterosexuality makes one better than homosexuals. Some of the smartest people in the world have been homosexuals. In fact, King James the originator of the Holy Bible was a homosexual. 

Disrespecting others is an act of ignorance that leads to a life of conflict and unhappiness. Intelligent people disregard conflict knowing that happiness is the number one ingredient in the recipe for successful living. I choose to live in a place where all people are respected. I refuse to live in an environment where even members of my family and other so-called friends look down upon me as a third class citizen merely because I am an homosexual. The word homosexual has taken on a meaning of pride because what I see in the actions of the so-called straight communities of the United States makes me even prouder to be a part of the futuristic community of the New World Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment