Monday, April 22, 2019

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PREACH


BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PREACH     

It has become necessary for me to speak to evangelicals. You used religion to plant a seed in the mind of a child that took from that child one of the most important things in his pursuit of happiness.  You brainwashed a child with a fear mongering doctrine of burning in hell by participating in any same-sex relationship. You mortified a child who had a different sexual orientation, and made him believe that it was a sin to love a same-sex partner. You cheated this child from love, and that was the biggest cheat of all! Shame on you!

I have regrets that I missed out on a gentle, loving, touch, when I needed it the most. I am sad that I missed participating in a same-sex relationship, but the evangelical belief of burning in hell was realistic to this child. It is a humane disgrace for any individual to face discrimination for an orientation that originated at conception. I curse the day that you brainwashed me, but I was just a child and did not know better then.

Unlike many others, I have been given the opportunity to live in a country where the judgment of character is not based on sexual orientation.  I have seen straight people accept gay people without conflict, and I have witnessed the end result of happiness. But with age, I am not given the opportunity to relive the past, and I can only dream of what true love must have been. You may have cheated me, but I will not remain silent while you cheat others.

I have no guilt in speaking condemnation to the members of the evangelical religious organization. I have witnessed American Christianity become a ticket to hate and a ticket to discriminate. I have seen American Christians support vile acts of evil, and go so far as to attempt to redefine evil as acts of righteousness. I have seen Christians support a regime that has participated in every form of evil known to mankind. I have seen prejudice turned into an acceptable Christian characteristic, and bigotry displayed by Christians in the public arena.  I have heard preachers declare death to all LGBTQ individuals and heard the voices of consent come from the Amen Corner. My heart continues to say; all this is wrong!

I am mortified by the lack of compassion I see portrayed in the lives of many Christians in regards to Latino mothers, who are desperate to secure a better life for their children.  I am appalled by the traits of White Supremacists and members of the KKK that have been adopted into the Christian Church. I am stunned by the path taken by evangelicals to cherry pick the BIBLE to satisfy their own physical lusts.     

I fear that many who call themselves Christians have been misguided by false prophets.  Far from same-sex relationships, the flames of hell are being rekindled by the hypocrisy that has invaded the Christian Church. I am tired of hearing Christians lie to protect other liars. I am tired of seeing cold-hearted acts performed by political leaders that bring harm to others, and then seek Christian endorsement.  I am not Jesus on the cross, and I find it difficult to ask God to forgive those who do not know what they are doing!

Nevertheless, I feel great sorrow for the men and women who have wasted a lifetime hating and passed it on to their children and grandchildren. You are the shame of this great nation! I pray that the film of evil that has shaded your perception will be lifted from your eyes, and you will one day, walk from the alley of darkness into the light of day.

“Ladies and gentlemen, if you have a problem with who I am, then your quarrel is not with me, but with my creator,” famous words spoken by Mayor Pete Buttigieg ----(candidate for President of the USA)


LOVE IS GENTLE LOVE; LOVE IS SWEET; LOVE MAKES ANY LIFE COMPLETE!


  


No comments:

Post a Comment