Sunday, March 21, 2021

THE LEGACY OF IGNORANCE

 

THE LEGACY OF IGNORANCE

I am a Southern man by birth only. I am not an advocate of raping women and claiming they are my property. I do not believe in the whipping post. I have no desire to be a part of a society where a man is identified by the scars on his back rather than the lines on his face.  I am not a believer in hanging an innocent man to create fear in others. I do not support castrating young boys simply because of the color of their skin. I am not a promoter of separating mothers from their children as if they are cattle in the auction barn. I object to burning a man’s home because I fear his financial prominence. I do not believe in inflicting pain upon others, and I firmly believe that the mistreatment of humans have consequences. 

I am a proud Southern, gay man because I have been given the insight to look at all issues with a broad perspective. I know what it’s like to walk in another man’s shoes, and I know injustice from personal experience. I thank God every day that he gave me the intellect to see the evil in the ways of the Southern white man.  That God gave me the desire to rise above it, the need to remove myself from it, and the ability to speak out against it. 

As if there is not enough controversy in the United States today, it is unbelievable that Americans are attempting to create more. There is a movement to return to the days of White Supremacists under the Confederate Rule. It is a guaranteed human right in a democracy, that all citizens have the right to vote, but an attempt to suppress the right to vote is being done presently in 43 state legislatures. These acts are being done by members of the present day Republican Party saying; if we cannot control this government, we will mess it up to the point that no one can control it. 

Democracy is not defined as a “White Only Government.” It is a form of governing that represents all people. If it happens that the society is a diverse society democracy is still a form of government that governs for all the people. The Republican Party is an all white party consisting of mean spirited, hateful people, who think they are better than others. The inconsistency is that they also claim this to be a form of Christianity. This is a “FALSEHOOD” written in capital letters.  It may take many years but this form of government will be defeated. But in the meantime it is not stopping the description of the “Ugly American” being displayed around the world. 

What the Donald Trump administration has done for the world is reveal the true character of Americans. Americans have always been a group of spoiled world citizens. Americans have portrayed themselves as the “Ugly American,” claiming to be a superior race. 

The Unites States has always been a nation bathed in hate. Hate is a shameless act, yet it is the driving force that motivates too many. The unadulterated notion that White Americans are better than others is an absolute mark of the lack of education. A hate crime is an evil act that is counter productive to intelligence. America’s educational system needs to go back to the drawing board, because what is being displayed today by millions of Americans is direct proof in the lack of education. 

As an educator, it has been a shock to face the reality of just how many stupid Americans make up American society. There are so many actions that prove this stupidity. The most evident one is to be a follower of Donald Trump.  Second to that is to make personal health a political issue. A person who is stupid enough to listen to others and not wear a mask is a person too stupid to be called a human. In addition to that is the refusal of the vaccine, which places Americans in a group of one of the most ignorance nations on the planet. When parents refuse to take these precautions and die of Covid, they leave their children with a legacy of ignorance.      

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment